Thursday, July 30, 2009

Intro

I love cooking and have enjoyed the reward of making cakes on random occasion for family members' birthdays or get-togethers. It's not something I do very often or make a lot of time for, but the desire to bake amazing cakes has been in the back of my mind for quite some time. The most experience I have is with premade mixes, but I have tried my hand with recipes from scratch and want be able to whip up something impressive for special occasions. So I've decided to start a blog about my experiments with recipes and improving my cake baking skills.

I recently dug into a stash of my mother's cookbooks and found some vintage cookbooks of my grandmother's. I have always been facinated by anything vintage. Yes, even vintage recipes. In the old collection, I discovered a couple of small books filled with various cake recipes. As I've read through these recipes I realized there's a lot more to cakes than I imagined and I became excited about all the different types of cakes I could try to create. I have a few other books and recipes on cakes and cake decorating I've aquired over the years that I can use as reference, as well as a small collection of equipment that I will add to as needed.

In this blog you will find, favorite recipes, new recipes, old recipes, successes and failures, stories, pictures, reference, and hopefully.....wonderful cakes! Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment